Im going Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

1000cc

My New Mobo =865PE Neo2-P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got 5 fan output but only 1 "CPU" have variable voltage for fan speed is it safe to hook all 5 fan to that . just wondering ?

I wouldn't try that. That board has 3-4 fan connectors. Add 1 or 2 4-3-pin convertor to the molex power cable.

fishhookz said:
I wouldn't try that. That board has 3-4 fan connectors. Add 1 or 2 4-3-pin convertor to the molex power cable.
conection was not the problem i have planty of those i wanted to regulate the fan speed on 2 80mm 4000 rmp bad mother but loud . the original question was can i plug 2 fans to the CPU output wish was my only one with adjustable voltage any way i found the ultimate fan speed control. http://www.xoxide.com/vl-system-zephyrus.html

you'll burn the traces feeding the 3 pin fan header if you try more than one fan. they are only rated to like 2 amps or so. Your best bet is buy a PSU that has a fan only molex out and has a connector for the MB PS fan control header to control the fans.

Or you could wire your fans between the +5 and +12V on the molex connectors and thereby run them at 7V.

Tarkus said:
you'll burn the traces feeding the 3 pin fan header if you try more than one fan. they are only rated to like 2 amps or so. Your best bet is buy a PSU that has a fan only molex out and has a connector for the MB PS fan control header to control the fans.

Or you could wire your fans between the +5 and +12V on the molex connectors and thereby run them at 7V.
Thank you Tarkus i figure that out but i had to ask . i order the above fan controler wish i think is the best idea of them so far . my mobo have 4 fan outputs plus i have molex conector. but only the CPU pin had speed control.

Tarkus said:

Thank you Tarkus i figure that out but i had to ask . i order the above fan controler wish i think is the best idea of them so far . my mobo have 4 fan outputs plus i have molex conector. but only the CPU pin had speed control. That album cover sure brings back some memories. Dont tell any one here but i saw them in 1972 ElP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back