Status
Not open for further replies.

duma

Which motherboard is the fastest boot?
which manufacturer is the fastest boot?
Which BIOS is the fastest boot?

Are there anyways that you can speed up POST

The only way you can really speed up booting, is reducing the number of

start up programs,and services to a minimum.

Motherboard types and manufacturers make little difference.

First go into the BIOS and enable "Quick boot" and set non boot drives

to "Not installed".

Go to msconfig and services.msc See Black Viper`s services

You can also download BootVis That shows where any other delays might be.

Faster hard drive in rpms, more memory. Carefully examine what is loading during the boot process. Find out the FSB (front side bus speed) for your computer. The FSB and hard drive speed take care of a lot. If you are using WXP, you can see settings in the control panel that will speed some things up.

Darn nortan! Darn it to heck!
Viva AVG!

The user with the first response is full of bull. I have two systems which are identical except for the mobo and there is a 50 second boot difference!

Hds with high rpms would be slightly slower since they would have to get up to a higher speed.

People you have misread my post. I was was talking about fast POST's not boots .

5O second boot difference is no way a POST issue or a mobo issue (unless faulty) !! :p

POST is just the computer feeling it`s parts,and checking they`re all there.

POST time should never be a significant factor.

The time a motherboard takes to POST proves nothing. Basically a certain BIOS firmware may have built in delays which another does not. I had an old board that would POST so quickly you can't see anything of the POST screen. The solution was an firmware upgrade to fix this bug.

Generally if you're worried about windows boot time then you're probably rebooting too often, and are looking in the wrong places for indications of performance or have misconceptions about this. It's the overall system performance once the OS is up and running that counts and not how long it takes to boot that counts.

The first user's reply is exactly spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back