Incorrect keyboard input windows 10

marcKingslon

Hi,

My keyboard is having strange inputs, such as having a '7' before the 'u' and '5' before the 't' when inputing those letters. here is an exemple of the typed text :

My key8board is ha6ving s5trange inop7u5ts, s7uch as ha6ving a '7' 8before 5the '7u' and '5' 8before 5the '5t' when inop7u5ting 5those le5t5ters. here is an exemople of 5the 5tyoped 5tex5t :

q w e r t y u I o p a s d f g h j k l z x c v b n m 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =
q w e r 5t y 7u I o op a s d f g h kj k l z x c 6v 8b n m 1 2 23 4 5 6v 7 8b 9è 0 0- =

I tryed changing the language to a different one, uninstalling the keyboard and reinstalling it and changing language default, but it does it on any language.

thank you for the help!

Might be a ghostwriter... or Archy the Cockroach (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archy_and_Mehitabel)
but in this situation it is likely to be worn wiring or strained connection if it is a wired connection OR, if wireless, maybe the battery, OR crumbs/confetti/wire clippings under the keys.
I would start by turning keyboard upside down and tapping the edge all the way around to shake loose whatever may be there. Then disconnect and reconnect any attachments. If wireless, check battery and move speakers away (magnets). If wired, explore moving the connection wire.
You might have to replace if the ghost won't go away.

Hi,

My keyboard is having strange inputs, such as having a '7' before the 'u' and '5' before the 't' when inputing those letters. here is an exemple of the typed text :

My key8board is ha6ving s5trange inop7u5ts, s7uch as ha6ving a '7' 8before 5the '7u' and '5' 8before 5the '5t' when inop7u5ting 5those le5t5ters. here is an exemople of 5the 5tyoped 5tex5t :

q w e r t y u I o p a s d f g h j k l z x c v b n m 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =
q w e r 5t y 7u I o op a s d f g h kj k l z x c 6v 8b n m 1 2 23 4 5 6v 7 8b 9è 0 0- =

I tryed changing the language to a different one, uninstalling the keyboard and reinstalling it and changing language default, but it does it on any language.

thank you for the help!

Update

My computer is a laptop and its keyboard now inputs even more character when clicking on 1 key for example 4 gives d4y and 5 gives 65rvt.

I've had some water splayed on my laptop so I turned it upside down and used tissues to remove the water while applying pressure on the keys in the process, which might have enabled a special typing of the keyboard? Or maybe it made the keys go haywire?

Last edited:
If I click on multiple keys at once I can change what the letters are inputing. To write this right now, I am using a usb remote keyboard which works just fine

Some keys will input without me touching them, infinitly

the keys on the keyboard dont look physicaly broken, neither do they feel so when typing.

Last edited:
OK, I think you are saying that replacing the old keyboard makes the problem go away.

If by saying "Some keys will input without me touching them, infinitly. " that the old keyboard seems to generate keystrokes when it is attached, this is a pretty sure sign of failure in the component. Describe your keyboard (make & model) please.

The keyboard is the laptop's, which is an Acer nitro 5. it is 2 years old and has no history of malfunctioning or breaking except with the splashed water and the pressure used on the keys to remove it using tissues. small medium pressure used on 10-20 keys at the same time, which if I repeat the process right now changes the 'ghost' of the keyboard and can sometimes stop the infinity inputs it does.

And yes I am using another keyboard (usb) to type which works just fine, compared to the laptop's keyboard.

I have tried going into device manager and removing the ps/2 keyboard but with no success.

Now my 't' letter on the keyboard is back to normal, and some otheres that were normal are now acting multiletter, like 'd' gives 'dy'. If so, is it still a failure of components? or is it just software problem?

Clearer now. Sounds like water spill may have sloshed debris under keys into situations which are causing false signals. Dampness may have caused corrosion. At least it wasn't a Starbuck's or a Pepsi.

Check YouTube videos for instruction as to repair/cleaning of your specific model.

New keyboard is $35-$80.

My guess is that a professional will do it for $200-$300.

Back