"INF Error Video Driver Not Found"

Status
Not open for further replies.
For about 2 weeks I haven't been able to resolve this problem on my own, so I'm looking for help from people with more experience than myself.

I have a notebook with an ATI RADEON Mobility X600 video card. One day I started my computer up and it said "No video cotroller found." I really don't know the difference in Video Controllers and Video Cards. I reverted to last known good configuration, but when it started up, there was no ATI RADEON X600 video card shown on the device manager. Instead, a conflicted device shows up titled "Video Controller (VGA compatible)." The hardware wizard never can find a driver on my computer that is compatible(or so it says). I've downloaded the most current ATI software, but the installation never finishes and displays a message saying "INF Error Video driver not found." I click ok and a message comes up that says I should try installing a standard VGA driver before attempting to continue.

Also, I don't know if it's relavent, but my display adapter now shows to be "VgaSave". It also has conflicts listed under the resources tab. I'll paste them below:

Input/Output Range 03B0 - 03BB used by:
Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/PM Express PCI Express Root Port - 2591
Input/Output Range 03C0 - 03DF used by:
Memory Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF used by:

I've seen several issues similar to his one, but none of them seemed to be resolved easily. I DO NOT have the restore CDs that came with my computer, but am currently looking for them. Any help would be appreciated.

The Vga controller controlls the Vga card, you need to have the Computers Chipset Drivers installed for the Vga card to work properly.

download the Chipset drivers for your Laptop and install the new radeon drivers afterwards. download these from Manufacturers Website.

Once you have the Chipset Drivers installed the system should recognise the vga.

The manufacturer has a set of drivers titled "4220 Series Windows XP CHIPSET Driver XP 6/13/2005" Sound about right? I won't download them unless I'm reasonably sure they're what I need. Thanks for the help

I downloaded the drivers for the chipset and I have the ATI drivers. What do I need to uninstall and in what order do I proceed?

You wont need to uninstall anything, just instal the chipset driver's and then restart, then install your ATI drivers and restart if required and then set your display preference's ie... 1024 X 768 and colour depth 16, 24, 32 bit.

only install the chipset drivers if they are the ones listed for your system.

If an ATI or other graphics driver shows in the Add/Remove Programs, I recommend uninstallling it first before installing a new one. Just check first.

Ok im havign the same problem, now i trust you guys that getting the right chipset is what i need to do....but i have no idea to check what kind of chipset i have or anything, so i cant download the updated/ right version of the chipset..please tell me how to check what my chipset is, than i can download it and fix this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back