Infected by the Spyware Protect 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manolo

Meh, got it. I ran Hijackthis and this is the logfile. So far no major damage, although I cannot load security websites and forums (like this one) and not even run the mbam-setup.exe, SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and HijackThisInstaller.exe unless I change the filename. I can use explorer because I disabled a bunch of add-ons but that might not be the reason. Help please?

Attachments

• hjt.log
    5.6 KB · Views: 7
FOUND this:

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-spyware-protect-2009.html

Or if you can't:

Download this:
http://www.pctools.com/downloads/afl_2-spyware/sdsetup.exe

Or do it manually:
Kill processes:
c:\\WINDOWS\\aazalirt.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\dkekkrkska.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\dkewiizkjdks.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\iddqdops.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\ienotas.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\iqmcnoeqz.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\irprokwks.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\jikglond.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\jiklagka.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\jrjakdsd.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\jungertab.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\kitiiwhaas.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\kkwknrbsggeg.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\klopnidret.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\krkdkdkee.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\krkmahejdk.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\krtawefg.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\krujmmwlrra.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\ktknamwerr.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\kuruhccdsdd.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\ooorjaas.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\oranerkka.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\oropbbsee.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\otnnbektre.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\otowjdseww.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\otpeppggq.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\rkaskssd.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\ronitfst.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\seeukluba.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\skaaanret.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\sysguardn.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\tobmygers.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\tobykke.exe
c:\\WINDOWS\\zibaglertz.exe

Delete registry values:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AvScan
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "sysguardn"

Delete files:
Spyware Protect 2009.lnk Uninstall Spyware Protect 2009.lnk

Hope it helps...

peace
han

We request that all members follow this guide and attach the logs:
UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Note there is no need to purchase software and I would not recommend SpywareDoctor for that reason

Also killing "processes" does not remove the infection

Personally I would recommend that you also uninstall AVG Antivirus and then run the AVG Removal Tool, and then install the better Avira Antivirus. (ie AVG didn't save you this time - as per normal)

My email Server has gone on the blink so please excuse the late reply. (presently just checking threads)

Anyway "system restore" is not advised on a possible Malware infected computer
As System Restore is usually the first place where infection is hit, therefore if run Windows itself may corrupt.

I refer you to this ruling that states the 8-Step guide must be followed and the the logs checked:
Special governing rules for the Virus & Malware removal board

Ok, I ran Malwarebytes and found a bunch of stuff, but advised that I had to reboot to delete some of the files. Of course when I reboot I get the blue screen of death. After restarting I run HijackThis again. Attached are the logfiles. Btw, I had to rename the executable of Malwarebytes because the whatever I have avoids its execution.

We request that all members follow this guide and attach the logs:
UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Note there is no need to purchase software and I would not recommend SpywareDoctor for that reason

Also killing "processes" does not remove the infection

Personally I would recommend that you also uninstall AVG Antivirus and then run the AVG Removal Tool, and then install the better Avira Antivirus. (ie AVG didn't save you this time - as per normal)

Meh, definitely AVG did not save me. Why do I need the AVG Removal Tool?

Well do this.

Uninstall your AVG Antivirus
Then run the removal tool
Here is the 32Bit version (most users): http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arm_sup_____.dir/avgremover.exe
Here is the 64Bit version: http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arv_sup_____.dir/avgremoverx64.exe

Install Avira free AntiVirus

Start up Malwarebytes again; Update it; then run a full scan (remove all found Malwares)
You need to run this multiple times, until all hidden Malwares are uncovered and removed

And this time also run SuperAntispyware (which will now likely work from doing the above) and provide that log too.

By the way if you have any P2P software as recently discussed h e r e
Please remove that too.

I ran first SuperAntiSpyware, then MAlwarebytes and then HijackThis. Attached are the logfiles.

Ok

Please run a full scan with Avira once you do
When it pops up with a found Virus, tick the option to apply this to all found malwares (quarantine that is)
But you need to do this for the first one it finds.

Please then provide the Avira log

I'm just going to post in Red a couple of results from the Avira scan (after AVG scan)
3 Viruses and/or unwanted programs were found
3 Files were moved to quarantine
5 Hidden objects were found
This is highlighted because constantly other support members state I shouldn't say remove the useless AVG Antivirus :confused:

Anyway, back to the issue at hand

Combofix Instructions

• Download Combofix to your desktop.
  • Double click Combofix & follow the prompts.
  • A window will open with a warning.
  • When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log.
Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop. Combofix is a very powerful tool so please do NOT do anything without instruction

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt
Also attach a fresh HiJackThis scan ran afterwards

Repair HijackThis entries

Please run HijackThis scan and put a check beside the following entries. • Close all open windows and browsers/email, etc...
• Click on the "Fix Checked" button
• When completed, close the application.

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Call HoverToCall class - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\htc.8.1.0178.00.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{7EA2CA2C-C634-4218-9045-41DA383A96CD}: NameServer = 128.200.192.202,128.200.1.201
I have highlighted one (DNS) entry "017" above if this entry is not provided by your ISP then it can be safely removed.
I found that it is related to: University of California

Remove ComboFix
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK
  • CF_Cleanup.png
  • When shown the disclaimer, Select "2"
(Note: 1 space after ComboFix in that uninstall command)

Clear & Reset System Restore's Cache

Go to Start >> Run - type or copy/paste control sysdm.cpl,,4 and then press Enter
* Tick on the checkbox - Turn off System Restore on all drives
* Click Apply
Turn it back 'On' by unticking the same checkbox & click Apply, and then OK

Restart

Have a nice day ;)

All right, all done. I'll check later if everything is smooth/clean. If I find something off, I'll post here.

Thank you for your help and making me remove AVG :). I'm installing AVIRA in all my computers and it's finding ugly stuff everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back