Infected PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

djakomo

Hello,

my computer has been infected, as you can see from the 8-steps attached logs.

A unique (and quite annoying) symptom: if the wireless adapter is switched on and it tries to connect to my network, the computer reboots. Connecting the computer in the LAN doesn't create any problem.

Thanks very much in advance for your help!
GS

and here's attached the file with the relevant logs

Hello,

my computer has been infected, as you can see from the 8-steps attached logs.

Missing a log (the important one!)

By the way, re-run Malwarebytes (update first) until all malwares are found and removed. This may need to be run multiple times in a row

Whilst you're at it.

Uninstall AVG Antivirus first
Then run the removal tool
Here is the 32Bit version (most users): http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arm_sup_____.dir/avgremover.exe
Here is the 64Bit version: http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arv_sup_____.dir/avgremoverx64.exe

Run Startup Control Panel and remove any not required startups: (should be most!) Including the "snipping tool" (I thought was Vista only)

Install Avira free AntiVirus

Start up Malwarebytes again; Update it; then run a full scan (remove all found Malwares)
You need to run this multiple times, until all hidden Malwares are uncovered and removed

Whilst you're at it.

You need to run this multiple times, until all hidden Malwares are uncovered and removed

Thanks for the tips! I have re-run Malwarebytes and hjt. See logs attached. I still have the problem with the wireless card--if I turn wireless on, XP crashes either as it tries to connect to the network or a few seconds after it's connected.

I've been addressing: "Infected PC" issue only
Also where are the new logs :confused:

Oops, sorry about the forgotten attachments :( I'm away from the computer now, I'll post them later this evening.

I thought the wireless crashes were related to the infection. I was probably wrong, since the logs seem to be clear now. Can you point me to some other message board where I can ask help about the wireless problem?

Thanks so much,
GS

Of all the strange name Windows startups :) (generally Toshiba stuff)
Open Hijackthis, and tick and fix, just these two:
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8680D705-BDC4-4FBF-ACB2-B51911309619} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnon.dll (file missing)
O16 - DPF: {238F6F83-B8B4-11CF-8771-00A024541EE3} (Citrix ICA Client) - http://a516.g.akamai.net/f/516/25175/7d/runaware.download.akamai.com/25175/citrix/wficat-no-eula.cab

Restart

Clear & Reset System Restore's Cache

Go to Start >> Run - type or copy/paste control sysdm.cpl,,4 and then press Enter
* Tick on the checkbox - Turn off System Restore on all drives
* Click Apply
Turn it back 'On' by unticking the same checkbox & click Apply, and then OK

That's it ;)

Regarding what other forum here at TechSpot
Best for you to decide which subforum would be the most relevant

Thank you SO much, and for the tips (the startup manager is handy!!)

Here's the latest HJT log, just in case.

All the best,
GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back