[Info] Does Anyone Know What The *32 I'm Seeing Is?

Hi, Everyone!

I'm brand new to the forum as a participant, but have read great info on here before so thought I'd throw this out to the pros. :)

I notice in my task manager, various programs running that have a (*32) at the end of the title of the program. For example, it might say, "OUTLOOK.EXE *32" or "OctoshapeClient.exe *32", etc. It appears quite a lot on my task manager. I'm not sure if I need to be alarmed ... ?

I am on a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 7 (64 bit.) Not sure if I'm providing enough information, but I sure do appreciate any insight you guys might have for me.

For the most part, my laptop seems to be running just fine. (*knocks on wood*) I'm just trying to see if I need to be concerned about the *32 that I keep seeing ... ?

Thank you in advance for your help with this! I really, really appreciate it!

Should I Feel Silly? Found My Answer!

Hi, again, everyone:

Just wanted to say that I actually found the answer to the *32 question ... it's a 32 bit process running on my 64 bit system - now that I know the answer, it seems relatively logical. :)

Anyway, thank you to those who took the time to read my post. I apologize if it was too basic of a question. Like I said, just getting started here. I respect everyone on these boards immensely.

Have a great night,

Donna

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

Thank you!

Thank you, Broni! :)

I've read, and learned, so much here on TechSpot in the past that when I came across this *32 dilemma, I figured I'd better rush over to this site and check with the experts. Glad it worked out - i.e. that it wasn't a malware issue. (she types with crossed fingers, as she knocks on wood and tosses a pinch of salt over her left shoulder.) :)

Anyway, I hope you're having a great night out there in my home state of California. I miss it and hope to be back soon!

Take care, Broni!

Donna

Back