Install game from DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been given the matrix full game in DVD. It installs perfectly, shows the initial config panel but when I try to play it issues the message "please insert the playdisc", and does not recognise the DVD as the playdisc. So I'm stopped.
I copied the full DVD onto the disk and installed it from there, but the same message appears.
Can anybody help me?

Some things you can try ...

1. Make sure that your DVD drive has the first available drive letter assigned to it, and that it is the first CD/DVD drive in your system. If you have hard drive c: and d:, cdrom drive e:, and dvd drive is f:, then change your dvd drive to e: and cdrom drive to f:. This will work with some CD/DVD's that have been poorly coded, and which always look for the CD/DVD drive as the first drive letter following any hard drives.

2. If you are still having problems, then download the 'No CD' patch, which will allow you to play without needing the original CD/DVD. Search google for the 'GameCopyWorld' website (cannot post link here, as it will get deleted), then search that website for the appropriate 'No CD' patch for your game.

3. Check the publisher's website for any game updates, and check their support section for any faqs on how to fix this issue.

Edit: Now that others have posted, I think I just assumed you had an original copy of the game (illegal DVD games aren't common yet). It does seem that your game is not an original copy, as illegally copied games will normally only work with an appropriate patch so that the original CD/DVD is not required. Please don't ask for help with illegal software on techspot, as you won't get it and you might get yourself banned.

That is a common problem with copied discs. If you want it to work correctly, just Go BUY the game. Techspot cannot help you with pirated software.

The game I have on the DVD was bought in a shop in a shopping center in Kuala Lumpur. It has the official cover and of course no file stating any intented crack.
With respect to Techspot, I share the phylosophy about no discussing about details on pirate sfw in the forums.

Thanks to all that sent me a reply. I already solved the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back