Install Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello every one

I am trying to install windows xp on a laptop at work. laptop had vista before so i used fdisk utilitie to delete the partion and now i dont know what to do? i created the dos partion and then inserted the xp cd but i am getting message that it did not detect any hard drive? may i know wht to do next?

basically i just wnt to install xp on this laptop now, it does not have any OS right now. how do i go about it? do i need to use fdisk to creat partion and then install xp? if i need to use fdisk then how do i use it please help...

thank you so much.

Hi

to install any OS you boot from the CD

However if your laptop is a SATA drive HDD then you need to obtain the drivers for the sata chip of your motherboard and when you see the prompt "Press F6 to load additional drivers" you press F6 and it will load them (you need them on a floppy disk by the way, if your laptop doesnt have a floppy you will need to buy an external USB floppy drive and use that)

Once done it should read the drivers into the install and allow you to access the HDD, you can also use a program called NLITE to create an XP disk that is bootable and can be made to include the SATA drivers needed, for an explanation see this site here.

I think , considering your lack of knowledge that you should seek help from someone more versed in pc's and reloading.

to go into explanation and detail would in my view (considering your tech skill) be a waste of time and effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back