Installed a game from HD but it cant read the play disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi this is my first post here and i am hopeing someone will help. I purchased a lont time ago FFVII for the PC and recently went to play it again.

My install disc was all scratched up and didnt work so i downloaded all of the files for the install disc only. i installed the game from these files but now when i click play it says insert disc 1, 2, or 3 and i have disc 1 in my CD drive but i dont think it it even looking to my CD drive i think it is just looking for the file form the place i installed it from.

If anyone knows a good way to fix this problem it would be much appreciated.

Back when Dark Forces came out, I wanted to install a copy on the school's computers and play it there. Unfortunately, the game placed a file that would search for the CD everytime I tried to start the game even though I had all the files on the hard drive. I was able to easily edit this file in the C:\Dark directory to where it would search C:\Dark instead of the CD-ROM. Perhaps you can try this with your game seeing as FF7 came out a long time ago.

It's not that easy with FF7 - perhaps you can try burning the contents of the first disc?

yeah my origonal plan was to just burn the contents of the install disc and then install it form there. but i think my burner is shot because it says its burning then the CD comes out blank. going to be taking my comp in to get that looked at. Thanks for the help though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back