Installing a radeon rx9250 graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just installed a new graphics card (radeon rx 9250) and it seems to be working ok....but...its slower than my original graphics card ( radeon 7000 ) and when i look closer the agp seems to be switched off...How do I switch it on for 4x or 8x agp.
Ive tried switching it on but when i reboot my pc it reverts back to the old setting.
Do I have to change the bios setiings??
I have tried this but Im not sure what Im looking for
Can anyone help??

What driver & version do you use? Some would revert changes to defaults. What mobo? Are you sure it's an 8X card?

I'd change the AGP 4X/8X setting in BIOS.

your advice is much appreciated

The motherboard is pc chips m848a v2:1
On their web site it says the motherboard is compatible with agp 8x
Its the radeon rx 9250
how do you change the 4x 8x settings in the bios ??
Ive looked in the bios but didnt want to change anything untill i new exactly what I was doing.
thanks for your input,its much appreciated

check this

smurphy99999999 said:
I really need help here. I bought a radeon 9250 and it says it is for pci. it wont fit in my pci slot. I know it is a pci slot so dont ask if its and express cause its not. i have no agp slot either. however the card looks like it is for agp and not pci. Help?

If the rear of the card (behind the golden fingers) has a hook lookin thingie, it's an AGP card. Perhaps it got into the wrong box. Take it back and exchange it for a PCI card. :)

Welcome to The Tech Spot!! :wave: :grinthumb :giddy:

I really need help here. I bought a radeon 9250 and it says it is for pci. it wont fit in my pci slot. I know it is a pci slot so dont ask if its and express cause its not. i have no agp slot either. however the card looks like it is for agp and not pci. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back