Installing SATA/RAID drivers for new motherboard into an existing Win XP installation

Hi, I'm trying to find a way to put the SATA/RAID drivers for a motherboard I just ordered into my existing Windows XP installation so it will run properly when I hook it up, but the drivers don't come with an executable and I don't know where to put the .dll and system files for it.

The drivers are for an ASRock N68C-S UCC. (I'd post the link if I could)

Will the new motherboard fail to see my HD if I don't have them on it? I know how to slipstream them into a fresh install of Windows, but I don't want to do that unless it's absolutely necessary.

You could run into problems with this as your existing Windows XP installation will have the chipset drivers for your old motherboard, it will most likely cause a BSOD as soon as it is connected. It would therefore be much easier to format the drive, integrate XP with the new motherboard SATA drivers and then do a clean install.

Thanks for the warning. Since I thought I'd need to start fresh I went ahead and tried the All-in-1 installer from ASRock's site for the new motherboard, which had all the drivers in it along with some extras, and it actually worked. The only thing that went wrong is the ethernet driver for my current system somehow disappeared, but I use a USB wireless adapter to get online so I don't need it anyway.

Back