Intel Pentium E5200 2.5GHz + XFX Radeon HD 5770

im using an old intel pentium motherboard and at the moment ive got a radeon 4670 installed in my computer im able to play most games at decent high settings at a resolution of 1280 1024 which is my highest resolution. Im thinking about upgrading to a radeon 5770 does anyone know if my game performance would actually increase when i install my new 5770 with my E5200 still in in the computer or wil my cpu bottleneck it and make performance wurse?

EDIT: sorry for no posting my other specs

OCZ 550w fatality PSU
2 gigs of ram
windows xp S3 32bit
radeon 4670 upgrading to 5770 alredy ordered
Intel pentium E5200 2.5ghz dual core

tuunade98 welcome to TS,
I have read a few things about bottlenecks, but have not actually tested any hardware to see if what I have read is true.
I general, Strategy games require more CPU (Central Processing Unit) cores and GHz than Shooter games. You can get good performance from Starcraft 2 if your video card and CPU are about equal. A shooting game like MW2 will normally play better if you have a fast video card.
This is not always true, but what I am saying is that
Your computer will not slow down by installing a 5770
You have a good power supply, so you should not have any problems related to under powering your new video card
Your processor is fairly good. -The overclocking section of TS's forum could probably help you overclock your processor if you really want to get the most out of it.
Please stay around and check this thread, as more experienced people may drop by and offer better advice.

atm i dnt really have decent cooling for my cpu as lon as i get better performance even on stock speeds of my cpu im happy. Thank you for replying

Back