Intel vs AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am looking into upgrading my mobo and cpu, I have been reading reviews and wanted more personalized imput on which one you prefer and why.

currently have a biostar I945p with a intel d cpu, I want to upgrade to be able to use sli.
Any imput would be helpfull, Thanks

Oh no not another AMD vs. Intel thread!

Low end market: AMD beats Intel because of very low prices.

Mainstream market: Intel has a small performance lead here, but AMD pulls away with a win because there low prices. And good motherboard for low prices.

High end market: Intel dominates AMD. Why because in this market Intels prices are better and there performance is higher.

IMO AMD is better that Intel. I say that because my last two PCs were AMD. My last intel PC friend after 5 months. So live long AMD! (For video cards though eVGA and nVIDIA is the way to go. Not AMD/ATi).

twite said:
Intel. Utilize the search feature.

people like you are the reason the karma system was made AND destroyed here, all you have to do is tell the man what he wants to know, if you're not then wth are you here...anyway

Currently performance to money wise amd is on top, you can get the am2 cpu's now which support ddr2 for very cheap, if you want the best processors per clock rate you go for intel with the c2duo series. I recommend waiting till the end of the summer. AMD is going to drop the bomb on intel IMO. 8 core processors, get that, so its up to you lastly of course.

All Intel vs AMD threads are locked to prevent heated arguments, which seem to always occur with these threads. You should've posted under "upgrading mobo and CPU" instead, and asked the same question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back