Intel's upcoming Comet Lake CPUs to use 10000-series branding

midian182

Staff member
Forward-looking: Intel CPU leaks are coming thick and fast. After what’s alleged to be the company’s processor roadmap hit the internet last week, we’re now seeing evidence that its next-generation Comet Lake CPUs will use 10000-series branding.

Five digits plus a suffix isn’t the catchiest of product names; some thought Intel might look to use a different naming system for the next Core series of CPUs. But rumors have claimed it will stick with what it knows and release 10xxx-series chips. Following the arrival of the i5-10210U on 3DMark, it appears they were correct.

It’s reported that Intel’s Comet Lake chips will be the first desktop chips to use the 10000-series branding. The company’s leaked CPU roadmap from last week shows that the desktop Comet Lake CPUs, the successor to Coffee Lake and Whiskey Lake, will arrive between the second and third quarters of 2020, while the mobile processors will be here in the second half of this year.

PCGamesN notes that Twitter leaker Tum_Apisak spotted the i5-10210U on 3DMark. It appears to be a quad-core mobile CPU with hyperthreading (eight threads) running at a 2.1GHz base clock and 3.8GHz boost clock.

Another twitter leaker, Komachi_Ensaka, revealed what is allegedly more of the 10000-series Comet Lake-U lineup, which are low-power processors designed for the likes of ultrabooks. They feature between two and six cores, have Hyperthreading support, and a 15W TDP.

Komachi_Ensaka listed some of the 10000-series SKUs, including the i7-1065G7, i5 -1035G7, i5-1035G4, i5-1035G1, i5-1034G1, i3-1005G1. It’s thought these are Ice Lake-U mobile processors—Intel’s first 10nm CPUs that are set to arrive later this year— and the 'G' signals the chips' use of Intel's upcoming Gen 11 GPUs.

Permalink to story.

Just a heads up that a purported desktop client roadmap has subsequently leaked that shows the more relevant client based products. The roadmap you reported on previously and linked here is (allegedly) from Intel's commercial Stable Image Platform Program. The new roadmap only goes until the end of 2020 and indicates a faster rollout of some of the products when compared to the commercial slide. Thanks. :)

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-roadmap-comet-lake-client,39185.html

I9-xxxx was to get rid of overheat problem. so new i10 i9 10000 series would be better on previous versions and more stable faster and more cores. 1st we mus know if we needeng thos a few monts later. still i9-9xxx series are still good. but 10 xxx series could be better then i9-9xxx. they must enable pcie 4.0 5.0 on their motherboards fast. not 10 years later. then amd x570 would throne.

UPDATE if intel gets pcie ?? and amd gets ?? nvidia gets ?? who would be 1 st out to let us test out the new speed. newer benchmarks shoud be included with gpus. that would be nice to tell how mutch youre non or o.c pc can run. ill buy if the also include rtx benchmarks 3dmark 20xx.
what if they put rts on older benchmarks like 00-2006 2011 2013.
would every card on earth with enough gpu power run rts games.
what about consoles. could they also run rts textures at low to high.
someone need to test it out. install linuix on ps3 4 pro and run 3dmarks. maye have extreme cooling.

Last edited:
Just a heads up that a purported desktop client roadmap has subsequently leaked that shows the more relevant client based products. The roadmap you reported on previously and linked here is (allegedly) from Intel's commercial Stable Image Platform Program. The new roadmap only goes until the end of 2020 and indicates a faster rollout of some of the products when compared to the commercial slide. Thanks. :)

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-roadmap-comet-lake-client,39185.html
It still puts 10nm beyond 2020 so Intel is still screwed hard. WTF are the ones in charge doing? This is ridiculous.

Back