Intermittent connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

trithumb

Ok a buddy called me over to look at his new desktop. When hes online he can navigate between pages for a few minutes then his connection gets all broken up and pages wont load. when we go 2 download an exe it will get like 3-11% done and then cut out.. I installed firefox and it was the same issue. I started it in safe mode with networking and it worked perfect.... A few days ago he had a tech from his ISP (comcast cable) come out and take a look at it.. the tech said its a great connection... Im sittin there trying to think of everything that could be wrong.. it started gettin late so i took the desktop with me and it worked fine at my house no issues.... any ideas?

its not a software issue cuz it works fine at my house... its not a hard ware issue cuz it works fine at my house.... its not a signal or modem issue cuz my laptop and his desktop worked in safe mode fine... is it possible that the firmware on his modem may be clashing software installed on the desktop that doesnt start in safe mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back