Internet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion this can only be a bad thing. The words in the quote on the page
" unique partnership opportunities" sound to me like " we sell the internet"

So in a nutshell.. Yes i think this will become residential, if you have the moolah to pay for it, And the stomach to put up with whatever advertising/malware/spyware the fat cats who will be buying large chunks of it put on there to fleece you of your pennies..

This is a step backwards in the freedom and development of the internet.

In my opinion of course :)

Cinders said:
Internet 2 will just end up costing people more.
all new things are usually costly... till newer things appear and older ones become more reasonable. i don't think we will see internet 2 in everyday use anytime soon.

Hehehe! sorry to sound dramatic but this stuff really bugs me out!

Heres the principal (c&pd from a website. )

Network Neutrality — or "Net Neutrality" for short — is the guiding principle that preserves the free and open Internet.

Put simply, Net Neutrality means no discrimination. Net Neutrality prevents Internet providers from speeding up or slowing down Web content based on its source, ownership or destination.

Net Neutrality is the reason why the Internet has driven economic innovation, democratic participation, and free speech online. It protects the consumer's right to use any equipment, content, application or service on a non-discriminatory basis without interference from the network provider. With Net Neutrality, the network's only job is to move data — not choose which data to privilege with higher quality service.

I know this aint going to last very long... makes me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back