Internet doesn't seem to work

Jamboy

I recently got back my old laptop, but when plug in my ethernet cable that is hooked up to my router, it doesn't work. I further investigated and found an old modem installed. It isn't my modem, though. I located and uninstalled it's drivers and tried to connect again. That didn't help, because the local area connection thing is gone and my moden didn't come with a disc. I also cant use another because my disk drive is broken.

Any help?

You did note tell us enough to help you. Location, brand, and model would help a lot... as well as what your connection is believed to be when working.

What might help is if you reinstall the drivers because it may have just needed to be refreshed. You also may need to choose another network on your router and just see what happens when you do that because your ethernet cable might have a shortage and you may just need to find another ethernet cable to hook up to your router and since your modem didn't come with a disc, then you should probably call the manufacturer of that modem and have them help you with that part.

modem internet connection

Yes I would recommend going to the manufacture's website of the router and download/install software and drivers your computer needs, you also should check if the Ethernet connection is not loose or damaged.

Back