Internet hardly works

Ever since I moved house and got the internet back the internet rarely works... atfirst the internet worked once every 2 weeks but then I tried to fix it by moving it and changingnsome settings. Then it got worse to my internet turning on for about 1-5 mins then turning off or showing "no internet, secured" whenever I try to connect. Ive tried a usb which helped it work a little better but then it broke by my baby brother. I hope this is enough for someone to help me fix this. Im only 13 so I dont know much about computers and technical stuff :). Im typing this on my tablet and the internet works fine on thisand everything else and we have alot of consoles in my house and about 1 computer and 2-3 laptops

If other devices on the network access the internet just fine then there's no problem with it. The problem is either with whatever device you're having trouble with or the connection between it and the router.

You haven't given us an awful lot of details. Reading between the lines:
"no internet, secured" is a windows 10 error message so the problem device is presumably a PC of some sort.
As it's obviously connecting via a home network 'a usb' is presumably either a USB ethernet or USB wi-fi device rather than a USB modem or similar. That suggests the hardware in the PC isn't the issue.

Beyond that it's difficult to guess. Can you provide more details of your setup and the problem?

Yes its a PC (forgot to mention that). My brother's xbox one iss near to me (about 1m) and hes online on his device all day same as me. its nothing to do with range as my sisters laptop is furthest away. I have also tried resetting my computer which didnt help. The problem is just as I said. The internet doesnt show up on the connections list so the internet doesnt connect to the internet and when it does its usually either on 1-2 bars or has as I said "no connection, secured" thats seriously all there is. I didnt downlad anything weird befoe I moved house either and the internet had no problems back in my old house (the range was the same as well) hopefully this is enough details

Details would help - maker & model, noises, error codes, items with Device Manager flags, etc.

A bit of detail..what wireless card are you using inside your PC and does it have an antenna and is the antenna firmly attached?

I do not understand "Ive tried a usb which helped it work a little better " - what was the USB component?

Your description is enough to tell that you are having problem connecting but not enough so we can offer any good suggestions... you may want to look up ComputerHope as this has a good explanation of just about everything..
http://www.computerhope.com/

Back