Internet only in safe mode after Skyrim graphics update

Hello.

1) I only have internet in Safe mode with networking.
2) I get a black screen in normal mode if my graphics card has its drivers installed.

Acer Aspire was working. After installing 11.11b update for AMD 5670 graphics card, Skyrim crashed my laptop. I got a black screen at the enter your password screen.
I have removed drivers in safe mode and can then get into normal mode. However once I did so my Norton 360 was inactive, like it had never been setup and I cant access the internet; specifically the wireless adapter wont enable.

I have since uninstalled Norton, turned off all uneccessary programs through msconfig-startup and still have no internet in normal mode. The icon at the bottom right wont refresh or show any net connections. IIn properties of my wireless adapters the drivers are showing as working, but I cant access 'status' or enable the card. Back in safe mode I can enable the card. My Graphics card drivers automically install but then I need to remove them to get back into normal mode.

Help needed to a) get net in normal mode

so I can re-install my norton and b) install some drivers that will allow me to play my games and re-start my laptop without a black screen.

Thanks in advance

Do you have a restore function at the first boot up screen? If so, restore the laptop to it's factory settings

I would then loose all of my data!

I have removed un-necessary startup programs and now can access normal mode and get internet.

Im now working on the drivers- I currently have no HD graphics with a code 10 fault.

Id like guidance on how to enter Bios and set my HD graphics as the main one aswell as how to update and repair it...:S

Thanks

To enter the bios, the same first screen should show you what you need to press to get into the bios. The more you mess with drivers and disabling programs, the more you might need to use the restore feature

Back