Internet only works in safe mode windows vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

firz3h

Here is my specs

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MEDIONPC
System Model: MS-7502
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 491MB used, 3836MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

here is my hijackthis logs

can use internet fine in safe mode but not normal it was all working fine and then it just stopped one day :p

Attachments

• hijackthisnormal.log
    19.7 KB · Views: 5
I'd say backup and then re-install Vista (ie using a USB flash drive or something)
Too many issues in your log to mention
Unless someone else wants to help

damn.... is there any of them that can be picked out that relates to the internet not working?

I'd start by uninstalling all the programs (Antivirus\Spyware\ Firewall)

Still believe it would be easier to re-install though

oh yeah by the way i havent fixed any of the errors from hijack this coz im not too sure what it will do

After un-installing those protection programs (all of them!)
Then try Normal mode
I really want you to run the guide (when or if you're able to ever)
Before going through the log

hey the 8 step guide worked i believe CCleaner did the job becuase malwarebytes and super anti spyware are still scanning any suggestions on how to avoid all of this again lol. btw thanks alot for your help

There's presently a pretty bad Malware (Trojan) going around that affects Internet Explorer.
Best to use Firefox until MS do another security update to fix it.

I tend to run at least Malwarebytes (quickmode) regularly
And always keep your Antivirus up to date
I've seen all the firewalls that users run, and still are infected, so I'm not recommending any third party ones, just use Windows firewall (I'm sure others will dispute that, but just try it)

okay got another problem lol it worked enough to be able to send u that last message i had also required a restart which i did as well and now im back to the same thing lol....

i think i have found the solution well my virus protecter wasnt all off aparently tere was background things running that were related to it i thought i had ruled all the other back ground items out from it im going to try uninstall it and see how i go from there ill get back to you to see if that was it

by the way my virus protecter is "trend micro internet security" latest one but not up to date as the internet wont work it

Oh I see

Well when you have the chance; un-install it ! (what?) yes sorry

You can either re-install it later (I wouldn't)
Or use the free Avira instead (yes that will be better :) )
It's more difficult when users pay for these things

do you know if avira acts as a firewall and all the stuff trend mirco did? ive only ever used trend micro so just curious about it. :)

No
Thankfully Avira is one of the last Antiviruses left without all this rubbish
Definitely the best one, and it's free :grinthumb

Windows already comes with one ;)
Just make sure all your MS Security updates are done

The Windows firewall stops all attacks into your computer (believe it or not)
It just doesn't stop what goes out. Therefore if you use a credit card online, maybe best for a 3rd party firewall, that will protect you ie ZoneAlarm; Commodo

I have reviewed your highjack logs and the one problem that stands out is i explore.exe. this is malware of the worst kind.I would not recommend un-installing "stuff" just on the off chance it will fix the problem.I would however start with a few common fixes; from safe mode download spybot S&D it will currenty remove protect and immunize your machine against 203,857 known trojans , keyloggers, all various forms of malware.Secondly I would confine your web search's through mozilla firefox it is quick safe and secure( every hacker in the world writes malware for IE). It is possible your denial of service can be repaired by other means,a little more searching on the forums will undoubtedly turn up someone else with the same problem.
best of luck and keep posting. As per previous posts regarding your problem a firewall is a must.You have a question you must ask yourself here"how far am I prepared to go and what am I prepared to do to make this problem go away for good". A software firewall is all well and good but requires constant updateing and is a resource hog and will not protect you against malware discouvered "In the wild".I recommend a hardware firewall ( alphashield ) its always on and is 100% effective.I have this device ,spybot,and cc cleaner and that's it! Not a glitch in 4 years.

oh yeah btw its all working now it was working when i uninstalled trend micro lol. so all is fine so far :D but ima run some more scans jsut for the hell of it thank you very much kimsland for all your help much appreciate

Waiting for the log S ;) (MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware)

Also I removed two of your 4 new threads
Seemed a bit strange anyway

Also no need to quote every reply, just Reply (no quote required!)

I'll keep my eye on you (so as to help when I can) ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back