Internet shuts off randomly?

Ok so this started happening about 2 days ago. When I go on the internet after about 30-40 minutes, sometimes longer sometimes shorter my internet will stop working even though my modem is online, router is working fine, and it says I am connected. The other items in my household that share the same router ex: computer that is the same kind as mine, except better gfx card and sound card, and my ps3 can still go online fine. Also, anything that I was online with already like playing World of Warcraft or watching a video will still be playable online perfectly fine. I can still play WoW online with my friends but when I try to open a browser (new tab) or anything else that uses the internet on my computer it doesn't load and eventually says connection reset.

I have done virus scans with Trend Micro, Spybot S&D, Malwarebytes, Avast Anti-Virus and used CC Cleaner. I even tried restore point. NOTHING WORKED. Problem still persists and the only way to fix it once it's happened is restart the computer. I doubt it's router problem since the other computer can still go online, same with everything else using the router. But this is just strange, how can I not be able to use the internet but play World of Warcraft @ the same time?

Test with a different router... The Trend Micro is famous for doing this after about a year of use.

When intermittent failures start, the replacement of your Wireless or wired router is the best fix to keep you from jumping through too many hoops.

Of course if everything else works fine, it may be something else... but that is the most common cause we see when there are unpredictable, intermittent failures... Except, of course, when the device is positioned too closely to a wall or a corner,

Good luck.

Contact your internet service, i once had the problem... got fixed without doing anything so i supposed it was a matter of the service.

but nothing else in my home is effected by this problem, ps3 can still be online and play games when this particular computer cant go online.

What does the logs say in the router and PC system event viewer? You have to pin point that first

Back