Internet webpage rerouting and lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, but lately my computer has lagged whenever it feels like when I'm using firefox and It's by pure luck if I watch a youtube video now without having to shut down firefox through it's process through task manager. I have Window's live onecare, and I scanned, but it only found a trojan/password stealer (Who knows how THAT got there...??) and nothing else. The internet webpage rerouting doesn't happen often, but there are times where I search something in google, and when I click a link, it just goes wherever it wants, or sometimes I'm in a site and clicking a link and it goes wherever it wants. And bothering to download anything on firefox is just asking for me to pull the plug on my computer so I can restart it because task manager probably won't come up anytime soon.

I tried system restore as well to 2 weeks prior, and it still lags and all.

I don't know if the 8 steps fixed it because I THINK my computer is working fine now, but I thought that before too and it just fell apart again.

Any help would be nice =)

EDIT: Yeah, it's still laggy. And might I add that the lag isn't confined only to firefox, with firefox not running (usually after I closed it though) the lag remains.

Please guys, I hate to sound pushy, but I can barely do anything without it lagging..

EDIT: Amd I've noticed that when streaming anything, the commit charge in task manager increases ridiculously where it gets to the point that it goes over a thousand and it starts lagging when before I began streaming it was only 4xx.

You system is badly infected. But you use of the 'hiddenhackers Toolbar' and SOCKS protocol for the proxy server, makes me question what you are using you computer for.

Perhaps someone will be willing to help you on the other forum you posted on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back