Iomega updates StorCenter NAS with ix2-200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

Iomega has updated its range of network-attached storage devices today with a new StorCenter offering aimed at the SMB and home user markets. The ix2-200 NAS is equipped with a pair of 2.5" laptop drive bays and a host of features, including support for Bluetooth, Windows' Active Directory, improved energy savings using slower (user-replaceable) 5900RPM drives, remote access and a one-button backup.

The device is powered by EMC's Linux-based proprietary firmware, and like most network-attached storage solutions can act as a server for iTunes music as well as DLNA and UPnP devices like the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Built-in torrent support for file-sharing without the need for a dedicated PC is also included. Finally, there are three USB 2.0 ports for adding printers or storage capacity through external hard drives, in addition to a gigabit Ethernet slot of course.

The Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS is available now in 1TB and 2TB versions, priced at $270 and $370 respectively, while a 4TB model will come out later this month for a whopping $700.

Permalink to story.

A 4 TB model... for Iomega.

It amazes me how Iomega hangs on and on, surviving on products they cannot support well.
I hope this is a new leaf.

Yeah I don't know how they manage to survive but hey do. Looks quite impressive, and is not badly priced.

I'm an average user, and found the Storcenter very easy to install and configure, even to access some (what I consider) advanced features such as serving up my iTunes library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back