IP adress problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused001

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct spot.
I have a windows 98, and am wondering how do you configure your ip adress. Because everytime i type ipconfig in run, a MSDOS screen pops up, and disapears.
Im also wondering how you can, change the port on the ethernet adapter. This is because when i go to msdos, and i type ipconfig /All, it says that my ethernet adapter is on 1, not 0. When i go to my computer that works with internet, i see that it is on 0.
Can anyone help me pleaze, Thank you. :)

What about the port settings? how do you change those? For I cannot get on the internet without changing them, I think.

I don't remember much about Win 98 but I don't think you can change the port settings on the Ethernet Device. Unless there is a setting in the bios. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me but I tried on XP to access posrt settings and couldn't find anything. I know you can change the port on a regular 56K modem but not an Ethernet Card.

Ok, I had changed the port number thingy.
Now a different problem arrises. when i do the winipcfg thing, and try and renew all, it would say:
Error
DHCP Server Unavalible: Renewing Adapter
Any solution to this problem?

Does anyone at all have a driver for my network card, or do they know where to get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back