Spread the love! TechSpot Tech Gift Shortlist 2017

iPhone image won't rotate

By Techie Zero · 8 replies
Nov 4, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. When I rotate my iPhone, the image displayed on the screen won't rotate.

How can I fix this?

2. bluejolls

bluejolls TS Booster Posts: 115   +8

The app was running in the background so after restarting it everything worked.

3. Techie Zero

Techie Zero TS Rookie Topic Starter

Sorry, I don’t understand you.

It sounds like you’re describing a problem YOU had.

I’m talking about a problem I have. When I rotate MY iPhone, the image displayed on the screen won’t rotate.

This only happens in Microsoft Exchange. In every other app, the image rotates normally.

What app are you talking about that was running in the background on YOUR iPhone? Is there some app that might be running in the background on MY iPhone that I should make sure is not?

Any help?

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 10,885   +903

Sometimes this occurs. When it does, HARD SHUTDOWN the phone; hold home button AND the button on the case at the top until the screen goes black. Then restart the device.

5. Metro420 onps4

Metro420 onps4 TS Rookie

Make sure that your rotation lock is off. If it is idk why it wouldn't

6. Andrew Caldwell

Andrew Caldwell TS Rookie Posts: 17

I'd suggest a hard restart. Do check if the rotation is indeed enabled. Hope this works well for you.

7. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 10,885   +903

Also from the home screen, swipe UP and you can see the controls for WiFi, Bluetooth and Rotation Lock

8. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 7,160   +460

FYI, original question posted about 7 months ago.

9. priya456

priya456 TS Rookie

The iPhone includes a setting called Screen Rotation Lock. As you've probably guessed from its name, it prevents your iPhone or iPod touch from rotating its screen no matter how you turn the device.

To check whether screen rotation lock is turned on, look in the top right corner of the screen next to the battery indicator for an icon that looks like an arrow curving around a lock. If you see that icon, screen rotation lock is turned on.