iPod 5th gen, worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

I have the opportunity to get my hands on a 60gb or 80gb 5th gen (newest) iPod with video.

Just wondering how people like theirs, any issues? Is video capability worth anything? Any problems with jaring it around? That little hard drive in there pretty reliable from knocks and bangs? Like if you were jogging or whatever.

Otherwise, what's the coolest little device you can get for ~$350-$400?

my personal opinion is no. i despise ipods because they are so noobish. u barely need to know anything about computers to use them.
however, 80GB is not offered in any other manufacturer that i know of.
as far as drops..... just dont drop it.
ive always had good experiences with creative. they have a 60 GB for 350 i believe.
compatibility is terrible for any player as far as movies go.
im bias but i say dont get ipods. they are terrible.

IH8PunkRok said:
my personal opinion is no. i despise ipods because they are so noobish. u barely need to know anything about computers to use them.

Noobish?

I have an ipod and I may be a "noob" but I love it.

The iPod videos are very good although maybe not the best bang for buck. I have the 5th generation 30GB (not the recently updated one) & the only complaint I had with it (which is battery autonomy) has been improved with the new ones (which is why most people call them 5.5th generation).

They're supposed to have a better sound decoding engine but I haven't tested that part myself. They also have a nice search feature & a much brighter screen but that's on top of an already very good package.

ps. you'll also need a nice iSkin type of cover to keep fingerprints off it & some decent ear-phones.

the videos not really worth it i never use mine for video it wastes battery REALLY FAST but i love mine for music and as far a jogging and stuff goes i run with mine all the time and being the ***** that i am i've dropped it many times as well and its still works like a charm

My brother just got the 80gig version. We'll see how he likes it.

In the mean time, I think I'm going to get the new IPod Shuffle 2nd gen, the small square one with the built on clip. It's like a gig and holds enough songs easy for a day of music, or a work out or whatever.
I just really need to ease into the portable MP3 player community, I have nothing. And $80 and free shipping and free engraving ain't bad.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back