IPOD prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surkitz

has anyone ever had songs on their playlist just disappear when you go to find them on your ipod? for instance, i have an artist that shows 4 different songs on itunes and they are there because i can playback those songs. but when i go to use my ipod, that same artist is only showing 1 song. Any ideas?

Open the ID3 tags of those files & see if the Artist field is the same for all four. The iPod uses ID3 tags to create & maintain its database so if those tags are not properly set, it could turn out to be quite a hassle to find them on the iPod.

Didou said:
Open the ID3 tags of those files & see if the Artist field is the same for all four. The iPod uses ID3 tags to create & maintain its database so if those tags are not properly set, it could turn out to be quite a hassle to find them on the iPod.

the only thing i see on ID tags is on the advanced tab and its blacked out. convert selection to AAC is a selection but, i thought i converted everything to AAC from wmv

When you right-click on a song & chose "Obtain information", it will display the ID3 tags. That's what I'm talking about.

first of all, i really appreciate your help on this :) ok i finally saw what you are talking about with the ID3 tags, however....when i hit next to go to different songs, i eventually came upon a song and artist that showed ID3 tag v2.3. does this sound familiar? BUT, when i hit the previous button to go back to my beach boys songs, (the one's im having trouble finding)that "ID3 Tag" line disappears. and whats weird is not all of my songs have that ID3 tag thing, when i randomly select another song/artist way down on my list but i can still see them on my ipod and that albums other songs, so what gives? I also noticed above the "ID3 tag" line that format will randomly change from say MPEG-1 layer 3 to low complexity. Thats when i also noticed the ID3 tag line disappears.

*update* I may have just figured it out, with the help of you and ipodlounge. According to the id3 tag thing and what the ipod forum is saying, i have to have an album name for ALL my songs if a particular artist has more than one album, otherwise it wont show the songs that dont have an album listed.

Indeed you need to have an album name for the song to appear there. If you don't know which album it came from, you can always put the name of the song as the album name or just do a quick Google to find out the album name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back