iPod Question

Jess_123

*I don't sync my ipod*

I'm looking for someone who is really good with computers and iPods.

I have a windows 10 laptop, and currently a 3rd generation iPod nano. Looking to upgrade it to 7th gen nano simply because I have ran out of room.

Here is my question: Is there a way to copy the music files, from the G3 to a new G7. Do they "read" and accept the SAME files as they are (aka no having to rename)? If so, how do I access them and what steps would I take to move them? I know they're all hidden files and if you pull them out of the ipod folder, they will play, but also lose their titles (I also don't leave any info on them so they all come up untitled if you remove them from the G3 iPod).

I don't know if there's shareware or freeware that I can download all the songs or anything, so that's an option if someone wants to point me to it.

Thanks for any tips or advice!

When you sync via iTunes, it's a two way sync, so the music is on the computer.
attach the new device (7th gen nano) and it will get reloaded.

Don't use sync? that's your choice.

When you sync via iTunes, it's a two way sync, so the music is on the computer.
attach the new device (7th gen nano) and it will get reloaded.

Don't use sync? that's your choice.
First of all, you didn't need to be rude.
Second, I stated BEFORE anything that it isn't synced. To sync my G3 I'd LOSE all the files. So, NO! Your response is completely and utterly useless and rude towards my situation that I tried my best to explain.

So sorry you took my response this way as that was NOT the intent. I was referring to your freedom to use the software of your choice. iTunes sync does work, but I haven't found anything better myself.

It won't work to transfer 2500+ songs from an unsynced G3 ipod. If I press sync it pops up and clearly states that if I agree to sync, ALL DATA will get lost bye bye 2500+ songs. No. I'm looking for a backdoor/workaround sync BECAUSE of that. THAT is what my question is all about. I know the files exist on the ipod. They are hidden and they ONLY work on the ipod. I ASKED if I can just manually move them and have them work on the G7 OR for an alternative THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE SYNC IN ANY WAY.

I am not sure about the nano but if you have a Apple ID on your gen 3 and you sign into your gen 7 with the same Apple ID you should have all your music synced to the other one.

Back