Irq for GeForce3 Ti 200 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have XTASY NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200 with 21.83 drivers installed on my computer and it's using IRQ 16 running Windows Xp Pro.
Is this ok? Some times my computer freezs without any error and i have to reboot.

Originally posted by doaabia
Hi

I have XTASY NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200 with 21.83 drivers installed on my computer and it's using IRQ 16 running Windows Xp Pro.
Is this ok? Some times my computer freezs without any error and i have to reboot.

The IRQ is probably not a problem, and if it was there is little you can do it to change it in XP because of ACPI.

A common link to your syptoms is often the video drivers theirselves. I know that particular driver set suffers from the "Infinte Loop" error that halts your computer.

There are many, many possiblities for what is causing your problem. I suggest you look at Start/Control Panel/Adminstrative Tools/Event Viewer and look at the "System" section. Pay special attention to anything that has a red icon next to it. The yellow exlamation points are warning and the white "i" icons are normal operation.

The next time your computer crashes like you described, look at this log and see if you can trace down exactly what it says about what caused the error. If you have any questions on what the error message means (They can be vauge sometimes), post it here and someone might be able to give you more specific help.

Until then, you may want to post your system specifications (Motherboard, sound card..ect) in case someone knows of something else that may be causing your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back