irq problem with tcpip.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatality

i'm having trouble while trying to connect to a network. i use windows xp on a presario 2500.

whenever i try to connect to a network using wired connection or wireless connection i get a blue screen error saying ['driver_irql_not_less_or_equal'.........blah blah..............'tcpip.sys - address (some memory address) base at (another memory address) datestamp (again some memory address)']........ this only happens when i try to connect to a network . if i'm away from a wireless network or do not try to connect to the wired network then everything is ok...but when i try to connect and the device starts resolving IP address i get the error... i uninstalled all my network drivers and reinstalled it..even updated the drivers..but that did not work...... i've tried to change the irq for my networking devices but i can't (since my OS uses ACPI) i even updated my driver from ACPI to standard computer but still i can't change my IRQs... ain't there any other way other than formatting and reinstalling the windows. HELP anyone?

can you recover from the BSOD? or do you get a nice memory dump?

well try this

start>run>cmd

now in the command prompt type

netsh int ip reset c:\reset_tcpip.txt

after that restart windows, then try to connect. if you still get a BSOD let me know...

Obvious things.. As said, Winsock reset either with netsh or Winsockfix

Latest network card drivers!

Remove your firewall software, remove your VPN software, remove your packet sniffer software. Disable all components but TCP/IP in the network connection properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back