Is 70 degrees C hot for the system temperature?

Atham

Hey,

I took a look at speccy and it showed on system temperature 69 - 70 degrees. I am more-or-less running on full load. Is the temperature too high? I have no case fans.

Thanks

Max temp for your processor found here is 74.

I don't want to come off sounding rude. But I think Leeky? pointed out a day or 2 ago that nearly everything you ask can be found with a google search fairly quickly.

I also think its a bit foolish to overclock if you 1) don't know safe temps for your processor and 2) don't have anything to help out cooling. Sometimes with a minor overclock you can get by with just stock options, but thats under the general assumption you have at least 1 intake fan and 1 outflow fan.

Your post could almost be taken as you already knew your max temp for the processor and wanted to come here to brag you are 'only' hitting 70 with an OC and no additional cooling.

It is not the CPU temp. I know the temperatures, I always monitor them. And I wasn't bragging. My CPU temp is 55 degrees. This is system temperature under the motherboard specs.

There is a picture to show what I mean.

Attachments

• speccy.JPG
    speccy.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 13
That is an unusually high system temperature. In my experience the system temp usually is considerably lower than the CPU and GPU. Maybe worth checking where the sensor for that value is, maybe check other tools and in the BIOS to see what temperature that reports? It might be possible that incorrect values are being reported due to damage to sensor, or just a quirk of the board/BIOS version.

I've read through all the threads that you have posted in the last few weeks, and here's my advice:

Go to Amazon and pick up a used A+ certification book. It doesn't even need to be for the current iteration of the test. It will teach you loads about how PCs work the way they do and why we build them the way we do, and it will answer a lot of the questions you have asked here. To me, it looks like you need to find the beginning point and that's probably where you should start.

As far as not having fans in the case - I don't know why you would buy a new case (according to your threads you were looking at a CM something or another) and then not put any fans in it (or use the ones I'm sure it came with, for that matter). It sounds to me like you are trying to get a grasp on what you are doing, and honestly, until you read up a little on the general subject of PCs, you are going to continue to struggle with things like "Are IDE cards good".

Thanks for the advice, Zilpha. On my current case the PSU seating is on the top, and the space for the PSU is not that big. The hole through where the cables go is not long enough and using a bigger PSU, it will be blocked. This here is my case.

Let's say I will keep my current case. Do you know any good case fans that have a molex adapter?

Perhaps not, but you can use them as a baseline. Any 80mm fan would work for the rear, and a 120mm for the front.

The translation is weird on the website. I have space for one 120mm fan on the rear and a 80mm fan on the rear too, one 80 or 92 mm on the back and one 80mm on the front.

That could be because some cases come with a fan that plugs into the motherboard sensor, since many motherboards will throw an error if it doesn't have at least one case fan to control. Then the translation would make sense, as there is room for two additional, optional fans.

Oh okay. I don't think my case will be good enough to fit the tx 750 v2. I will need to check, but I think there is no space.

Back