Is Buslink an okay brand for an A-drive?

abecedarian

Okay, okay, I know that most of you stopped using floppies long ago. But my question is: I was about to buy a Buslink external USB floppy disk drive (brand new, still sealed) from someone on Craigslist, and just wondered if it's a decent brand.

And would have I have by anything extra, other than perhaps a cord? Never done this before.

I'm sure it is fine, the technology in those hasn't changed since about 1992, lol. The only thing that is different is the USB interface. The drive alone should be enough, I don't think USB Floppys needed external power.

Wow, why does that look like it is wrapped in paper that got wet? (not the box, what the actual drive is wrapped in).

Also that picture further illustrates my point, that is exactly an internal floppy drive apparently in some wet paper looking enclosure. Box says USB so that is how it is going to connect. Shouldn't be anything weird about that. I would ask if the USB cable comes with it, and if not, what cable is needed. USB cables are cheap, so I really wouldn't have any concerns about purchasing this if you have a need for it.

Back