Is it ok to move or shake a laptop abrutly while on? Does it damage hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniac_lonestar

I was lifting the left side of my laptop to inspect the fan and remove the lint/dust, and suddenly the laptop went imbalanced and slipped out of my hand from like 4 inches above the table.

I also remember my brother arguing with someone in my room and he also slammed his fist and slapped his hand on the table with force to emphasize his point in the argument, while my laptop was on and active on the same table. (My hard drive was active meaning it was downloading data on internet or atleast I know the hard driving is increasing in size or atleast writing data due to downloading) Does the slamming on the table also affect the hard drive?

I know that hard drives are not suppose to be disturbed by vibrations and even slight movement. So what is the maximum damage that can be caused upon my laptop?

(I treat my laptop very dearly, and know that laptops are supposed to be portable and moveable but I love it so much and I want to know whatever you guys can tell me)

~Thanks...

Ha thats a well good question. Well i have a laptop too and the hard drive is well easy to just pop out while its on.. and gues what i did to learn new stuff.. just pulld it out... PC frozed and pulld a funny screen at me. restarted the pc then it was fine.. no problems found so i gues its just to protect the disk inside otherwise it will lose that all importance ONE file that holds the whole thing together if that makes sense..

well try it for you self as i always say find something old and test on that and find out for yourself...!!

GD Luck

Dicee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back