Is my Core i7 2600s bottlenecking my HD 7950?

I hope you have at least a 500W power supply. If not you will need one for that card. As for the CPU, I think you will be fine with the i7-2600S. My only other concern would be, if you have clearance in that HP case for the HD 7950.

Radeon HD 7950
500W (or greater) power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended

Yep, I got my new 550W PSU today, and I already measured out my case before I bought it, I only need to move some cords from the PSU to fit it, which are all probably going to go into my empty DVD-Rom and Hard Drive bay slots.

PSU

EDIT: One more thing, I was wondering if you could give me tips on how to OC my new card. I've noticed it's easily OC able.

Download MSI Afterburner, it's pretty intuitive to use. I suggest keeping the voltage at stock and upping the core/memory clocks to 1000Mhz/1500Mhz and going from there. You can also create a custom fan profile if your card is getting too hot (which it might do in that case).

Download MSI Afterburner, it's pretty intuitive to use. I suggest keeping the voltage at stock and upping the core/memory clocks to 1000Mhz/1500Mhz and going from there. You can also create a custom fan profile if your card is getting too hot (which it might do in that case).

Alright, thanks! Which one is better? TriXX or Afterburner?

Back