Is my modem dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1n9k00p4

Ok, last night i phoned my ISP and they said that they will swtch my internet back on in 10mins, so i waited, but on my modem the only lights that are flashing are Enet (it is connected to my ethernet port on my computer) and D/S.

My internet has been off for a few months but i remember that the lights which should be on are ENET, SYNC, RDY and D/S i think.

I have a suspision that my modem may have somthing wrong with it, any ideas guys? or is it just my ISP taking their time in switching me back on.

I also tried connecting to Xbox Live but it would not.

When your internet is cut off is it supposed to be just ENET and D/S lights flashing?

Lol. I thought so.

Sound like you need an engineer to come out.

Go and make yourself a member of the NTL:HELL forums.

http://forums.ntlhell.co.uk/

There are lots of NTL staff who would be able to help you. NTL`s customer services are legendary when it comes to messing people about.

I know this because I too have NTL. I was having loads of problems with billing. The above website helped me get it sorted out.

Regards Howard :)

allready have man, i did 9am this morning i posted the same thing 17 views and no replies :(

But you think i will need an engineer to come out do you?, so in otherwords my modem is broke?

Just give them time. Someone will get back to you.

I don`t know if your modem is broken, but obviously something`s not right.

Regards Howard :)

lol, when i get home from work 2nite im gonna phone them up and go mental.

Im sure its a fuc*ing joke to them.

my father phoned them before and he said he could hear them laughing at him.

WTF lk? ntl should start hiring serious customer support staff.

ah well, all i can do now is wait i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back