Is my PC clean? HJT log attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grafficks

There comes a time when all people wonder: "Hey, is my PC clean?"

I have quite a few security applications covering all areas (antivirus, spyware/adware removal, firewall, etc.) and I update and scan at least three times a week. My web-surfing behavior is safe in my opinion. I don't visit suspicious websites, download e-mail attachments, or open files named partypoker.exe :). Generally, I am very safe most (if not all) the time.

However, nothing can assure me of my safety more than your confirmation. I want to confirm that my computer is clean, and the most powerful method of doing this is through analysis of a HJT log (...right?).

I followed the instructions in the sticky on this board, and my HJT log is attached. I also allowed all my startup programs run for the purpose of this scan by, disabling Selective Startup in msconfig. It would be great if someone could have a look at my HJT log and tell me if I'm in good shape.

Thanks! :D

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ALCMTR.EXE<This is classed as spyware as it phones home a lot.

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

ALCMTR.EXESearch your system for this file and delete all instances found.

Reboot your system.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Grafficks only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks Howard! :) I have now removed all the things you listed.

I remembered seeing this process, and I remember ignoring it too because the Google results say it is part of my Realtek sound drivers. And now, after I just Google'd "alcmtr.exe spyware" the truth is revealed! Thanks for the heads-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back