Is my system clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr surfboard

heres my hj log I keep getting this annoying sticking whenever i try to get on the internet none of my programs wanna run it takes 1 or 10 minute for things to load its not hardware its a software malfunction

You have an awful lot of things running in startup which could slow things down a good bit:

realsched.exe
qttask.exe
yahoo messenger.exe
core.exe (electronic arts)
paltalk.exe
cachemanxp.exe

None of these are necessary to be on when you boot Windows. You can always open the application when you need it instead of it hogging resources when you don't.

Here's how to turn them off:
Go to Start, Run, then type in msconfig.exe hit ok and it will pop up a screen for the System configuration utility. Now click on the Startup tab. Look for the file names I listed above and clear the box next to it.
Click Apply, then okay. It will ask you to restart. Say yes. When Windows boots back up it will give you a message telling you that the Utility was used, just tell it to leave things like you left them.

Sometimes they come back. (I know sounds scary doesn't it?) If this happens and it will with Realupdate, you will need to open Real Player and go under the options and find the option for updating and turn it off and also disable it from starting with Windows.

Follow those same general steps if the others come back.

Also read over the log you posted here. If you see any applications in there that you don't recognize or trust, google them and see what they are. Nine times out of ten if you don't recognize them as something you installed its a spyware of some sort.

Hope this helps you out. Take care and Happy Easter!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your HJT log appears to be clean. However as roseypeach points out, you`re running an awful lot of crap on your system.

I suggest you go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps.

If it doesn`t please post back.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back