Is my Windows 7 faulty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4n1f3x

Hey guys ,
im just having some problems with my computer so please dont get angry with me if i put this post in the wrong place. alright ill get on with my problem.

so i just got a brand new computer and i had spent all my money on it, so i have to use windows 7 for now. the problem im having is that every 5 hours or so my computer starts lagging terribly. my computer goes to around 95-100% cpu usage. my internet gets disconected forcing me to shut it down. i only have around 38 procceses running at anyone time, the highest cpu of these being firfox and utorrent,but i barley have utorrent on (only on nights. please help me! what is wrong with it? if it helps my specs are:
64-bit x-blade athlon 5000 with 4gb ddr2 ram 500gb 20x dvdrw + 1gb 9500gt
if you need anymore information please let me know! thank you!

also all my drivers are up to date. i used nvidas tool for it.

Hi

which process (according to task manager) starts hogging the CPU.?

WIndows 7 is still a beta program, so the fault could lie with that.

Regards

none that are visable on the task manager. i have virus scanned and defraged and diskchecked and updated drivers and it still happens,
thank you.

Which version of 7? If it isn't the RTM then all bets are off on performance, and even with the RTM it will probably be SP1 or SP2 before everything works like it is intended.

hi c4,
down in the lower right hand corner of your desktop, just above the task bar,it will say 'windows 7 evaluation build 7xxx'

Means its not the RTM. So.. could just be the OS. This is why Microsoft discourages you from running it on your primary pc as your only OS.

I think its most likely what SNGX said, but just a few checks for other things.
I have heard more than a few people talk about Firefox getting stuck in a cycle of using the cpu at close to 100%, although i never did see an answer to what it was. i wonder if a FF reinstall might be worth a shot. also is it trying to do some sort of auto update of something that is not successful? and third, is there any common denominator(s) when this happens?

No i could be running 1 procceses or 40 and it will still happen, should i install the rtm? and if so where can i?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back