Is the Core 2 Duo Core 2 You-o?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sellmesanity

So who is going to get the new intel Core 2 Duo? It comes out on the 24th i hear. What do you guys feel about AMD now that intel is on top again?

AHhh now I just feel stupid. I will still give my opinion, however. Intel is very appealing now...when directx 10 comes out, I am going to build an intel machine. For now, I am sticking with AMD cause I had a 3000+ and it broke, so I sent it in to them and they gave me back a 3500+. That's sweet.

I'm waiting. I may upgrade one PC to a new really cheap x2 AMD and then a Conroe for my game PC.

the recent news of AMD acquiring ATI may change things a bit ;)

the reason being... if AMD cannot make a faster processor [yet], they can still create a faster platform:
Coherent HyperTransport and the Big Picture

As I explained at the very beginning of this year in, "Intel has a major '06-'07 weak spot, and AMD is aiming right at it," AMD plans to fight Conroe's onslaught in the server space by leveraging coherent HyperTransport (HT). AMD's strategy, which was already old news when it was re-announced with fanfare under a new codename (Torrenza) at yesterday's event, is to license coherent HT as widely as possible to third party hardware makers.

this was supposed to happen anyways, but now that ATI will most likely become part of AMD, I see this happening alot sooner :D

cheers :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back