Is there programs that copies your whole hard drive

ragne2

i am building a new computer and i have a a small laptop that i am using for my school work.
But i want to copy all of the con-tense of my laptops hard drive onto a SATA hard drive.

I am looking for a program that will copy all of its con tense onto another hard drive with no problems. so all i do is shove the SATA hard drive into my PC and i will have complete duplicate of my laptop, both fully functional

Is there any program that can do this for me?
Please post a link of a program that can do this in a reply

Please Reply ASAP

Sorry is you do not understand, im not good with my english

You could obviously have your personal files on the PC, but you'd never be able to (without much headache!) run the OS on your pc thats been installed on your laptop.

You would have the same files to begin with, but without copying them backwards and forwards nonstop you really couldn't keep the files the same.

A much better idea if you need the files available on your PC and laptop is to purchase a external drive, and move all your personal files onto that - That way you just plug it into whatever computer your using and you have them to hand.

I got around the problem myself by using a 1GB drive in my PC, and and allowing my laptops access to this drive, so regardless of which laptop I use, or the PC I'm always using the most up to date documents. I chose this because keeping them all updated across several computers turned into a nightmare in the end. This solution suits me much better.

so its not possible to copy a hard drive and all its information, including its os onto another hard drive.
Is that what Ur saying

OK, I'll try and be a bit clearer.

Yes it is possible to copy an entire disk image from one disk to another.

But its very unlikely your laptop OS will function on your PC drive. Your laptop OS will be installed with drivers related to your laptop, when you power up your PC with that data it will likely crash before its even loaded.

From your post above, copying your laptop hard drive is only going to get your data onto your PC. Its not going to help you keep your data identical between your laptop and PC.

You will have to install your PC OS seperately so it will function correctly. Then just make a backup of your files and then transfer them to your PC.

You CANNOT swap Windows installations between computers unless it is two identical computers (e.g. the hardware is identical).

i have the counterfeit version of win 7 and it allows you to copy the windows files, but i understand were Ur getting with the drivers and every thing

Generally we aren't going to be able to help you with Windows issues on a pirated copy, we just lock or delete the thread. Before I do though I'll make some comments.

Leeky is right, you just can't do what you want to do. If you could, very few people would actually pay for Windows or software anymore. There are programs that clone hard drives, many free, many that cost money. Easus disk copy works fine and is free. The problem is like Leeky says, there are going to be huge conflicts with drivers and hardware, and perhaps even HAL issues depending on the drive interface and how the BIOS is set up. Going from a desktop to similar desktop can be done sometimes by careful removal of drivers before switching drives, but going from desktop to laptop is probably almost impossible and going to be full of problems.

If you have the pirated Windows, you probably have pirated software, so it shouldn't be a big deal for you to just install everything fresh.

Back