Is this a graphics card problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what's going on!!! eMachines Model T3256 about a year and a half old. We played all the games on it all the time. All of a sudden problems started. The games played the most were Backyard Baseball, Toontown, and rolercoaster tycoon. All playable at one time. Installed Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and things went bad. Did everything i could but cannot figure whats going on. Updated drivers for graphics cards, directx,......

The only thing i did notice is that when I run the test Direct 3D i do see cubes in all three tests but i only see the logo on the faces of the cube on test 7interfaces. 8 and 9 interfaces, i see only the cubes. On the surfaces are strange patterns and colors.

Thought maybe someone out there could help.

here are the particulars with my PC:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: eMachines
System Model: Product Name
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 448MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU

gsierra said:
Installed Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and things went bad. Did 8 and 9 interfaces, i see only the cubes. On the surfaces are strange patterns and colors.

Hello and Welcome to Techspot! :)

What exactly went bad with Rollercoaster Tycoon 2?
Those strange patterns and color may be caused by overheating. Have you cleaned all the dust inside your case lately? If not, please do it. Clean all the fans (power supply, CPU, etc.), the motherboard, heatsinks, etc. And then try again.

check the system requiremets for that game, i see you have intergted graphics whitch isnt to good for most games, jsut make sure you meet the reuimets

It happend so long ago, I forgot details. It played for a while. But then like the other games I mentioned it just went bad. They all had strange patterns.

I have not cleaned anything.

Attached is a screenshot of toontown.

Attachments

• screenshot-Sun-Jul-30-20-46-07-2006-1521.jpg
    screenshot-Sun-Jul-30-20-46-07-2006-1521.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 10
I highley doubt that the fact the card is integrated means anything, ive gotten mine to play on an old Intel 810/815. But yea I would check for dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back