Is WildTangent safe?

learninmypc

I was going thru the games on my W7 & noticed Wheel of Fortune & wanted to play it but quickly stopped when I saw the Wild Tangent eula. No, I didn't read it, I just X'd out.
I think there used to be a nasty of the same name which is why I stopped. I don't want to agree to the eula or play it if there is a chance of getting infected.

I have always associated Wild Tangent with Malware despite the fact it is prepackaged on some systems. With that said Jay Pfoutz is probably correct, but I still don't want it on my systems.

WindTangent is fine, but it installs a lot of junk along with itself (think toolbars, browsers, etc). This is why it has a bad rep.

Indeed, that is a problem. Having adware, toolbars, etc. is a drag. Every product I install, I uncheck those extra options. No need for them, and it's not required in the agreement to install crapware.

There's a consumer tool by the makers of SpywareBlaster (which you should have), it is called EULAlyzer. Awesome tool to analyze agreements, in case you don't get all the technicalities. I poke my head in every business it seems, so I need the tool.

Indeed, that is a problem. Having adware, toolbars, etc. is a drag. Every product I install, I uncheck those extra options. No need for them, and it's not required in the agreement to install crapware.

There's a consumer tool by the makers of SpywareBlaster (which you should have), it is called EULAlyzer. Awesome tool to analyze agreements, in case you don't get all the technicalities. I poke my head in every business it seems, so I need the tool.
Thank you people. Yes, I definetely do have the latest version & it is always up to date.
I won't bother playing Wheel of Fortune on here then, I'd rather spend the time watching Vanna on tv :)
Vanna+White+32nd+Anniversary+Carousel+Hope+yp4Ed1Rtd9Zl.jpg Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

Back