Issue with display settings in specific apps

I have a new Alienware 17 R4 and Dell 2913 monitor. I can't seem to adjust the display settings under Advanced Settings for the monitor (only for the laptop display) and I have software that isn't displaying properly on either screen. Function buttons are overlapping other buttons so I can't use all of the tools. Icon buttons are so tiny its hard to see them. The size of the object is displayed in the bar across the top but only half of the text shows up because its too large for the box. I've attempted to adjust the size of text for menus/title bars/etc, increased scale, even resolution. I also went into the NVIDIA Control Panel and it doesn't even show the laptop display - it only shows the 2913. I'm going completely stark raving mad! Can anyone help me please before I lose it? TIA

Attachments

• Display2913issue.PNG
    Display2913issue.PNG
    268.3 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for the response.
Even if I split the 29" screen into two screens it appears the same. Is there no way I can adjust it?

16:9 is the screen ratio of your gaming laptop whereas 21:9 is the ratio of the Dell monitor so that maybe the problem.[/QUOTE

I used a monitor when updating Windows on a netbook where the resolution required wasn't available and I had a blank screen. Apart from that multiple screens are a mystery to me. I suspect that serious gamers use them a lot and so should be well placed to advise. There is a forum for "Make the cut!" where you could post for help. Maybe there is a setting in the program that will help?

Back