Issues updating Asus drivers after Windows 7 conversion

LoneSword

A few months ago, I updated my copy of Windows Vista to Windows 7 (technically, I didn't use the UPDATE option, I instead used the New Partition option. Big mistake, I've been finding). Ever since, I've been trying to recover my programs and drivers, and it's been continuing with some degrees of success. However, I've been having a great deal of trouble obtaining and installing the Windows 7 Asus drivers. Just before posting this, I had attempted to install the (apparently) latest version of Asus Live Update, downloaded directly from their website, and it gave me absurd error messages that were just a series of symbols, and then said "No ASUS motherboard. Installation will be abooted now." Literally, that's what it said.

Basically, I'm trying desperately to recover my Asus drivers so I can once again retain the full functionality of my laptop. Asus' download page is of course totally useless in this endeavor, providing little or no support, only including the insanely vast array of drivers to download.

And now, my questions:
-Is there some way to obtain these drivers much more easily?

-Is there some sort of programming confliction, such as incompatibility with the driver download and Windows 7, that is preventing the InstallShield Wizard from working correctly?

I am using an Asus X38V(b?), and I'm trying mainly to recover the following drivers (all drivers that have directories in the ASUS folder in my program files):
-Asus LifeFrame3
-Asus Live Update
-ATK Hotkey
-ATK Media
-ATKOSD2 (not 100% sure what it is...)
-InstantFun
-SmartCore
-SmartLogon
-Splendid

All in all, I simply need help getting my drivers back. I've been losing my mind trying to retrieve them, and am looking for the aid of someone far more technically advanced than myself. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Finding drivers

I have been using the free download program called 'Drivereasy' from 'www.drivereasy.com'. I use the version 2.6.1 which scans your PC, lists all the drivers missing or needing updates, and you can choose to download and/or install. In fact the free version is quite slow to use, but you can pay for a faster version if wanted. I find the information it gives about the drivers is accurate, so you can get them elsewhere if you like. The biggest drivers on my PC are the Graphic card, but I know to get that one elsewhere. This site does not charge for the downloads either, unlike many. Worth a try.

Back