issues with zoo tycoon installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a newer computer, and I'm trying to install Zoo Tycoon on it.

Unfortunately, during the installation it always gives me an error message saying that some of the files won't install correctly.

Eventually, by pressing 'ignore' every time I got that message, I got Zoo Tycoon installed, and then immediately installed the expansion pack with Marine Mania & Dinosaur Digs on it. Then, when I tried to play it, the game closed out immediately to an error message.

Any suggestions?

Hello and welcome to techspot.

If you can tell us the EXACT message you are getting when you try and install, perhaps we can help.

Without knowing what that message says, my guess is that your installation CDs are corrupt, and you need to send them back to have them replaced.

Good luck!

(P.S., by your 3rd message it is obvious you are frustrated that no one has responded. There are hundreds of extremely helpful people here. If no one responds to you it is nothing personal, it is just that in cases like yours there is no clear cut solution. That plus the fact that your problem is specific to a game that I doubt very many people in this particular forum have much knowledge about.)

It doesn't say anything when it actually exits out of the game, it just says 'An error has occured, would you like to send an error report?". During the installation, when the installation progress gets to 13% every time it says something about not being able to install 'animals2.exe' and tells me to check my hard drive space. I know space is not the issue, so I don't really understand what's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back