It's as if the OS is continually refreshing every 2-3 seconds

PhilipMoore62

As it reads in the title my computer is refreshing every couple of seconds. When trying to write on a search engine I am barely able to type my search prior to the refresh comes on to select the words I've already written. I don't know if this is hardware or software. I have good reason to believe it's not the average run of the mill malware. I'm currently running ESET online. Can you help?

Try using a different browser - - We all have IE, but what else do you have and which VERSION of windows are you using?

I use Firefox as my default browser. I'm using Windows 10. I need to clarify that this is not only happening in browser if I want to go to run and try a command I get the same response.

OK, now let's make it all correct.

1. delete the current index
  2. set the system for no sleep/hiberating and no screen saver
  3. stop ALL user programs
  4. disconnect from the internet
  5. plan ahead and go to lunch with a buddy AFTER you reenable Search Indexing.
  6. the may run for hours (the first time) but real time thereafter all will be good as new documents and edits take place.

This sounds as if it's right up my alley. I'm researching how to delete the current index. Once I'm done I shouldn't any other issues going through your directions. THANK YOU

Back