Javascript/Flash will not come back in FF

billyellis

When all the dire warnings about Java came out, I unchecked the "enable javascript in the browser" option and probably changed some other settings that seemed likely to restrict java from running (e.g., NoScript, AdBlockPlus, FF settings, etc.).

Now when I try to reenable Java several updates later, flash video will not play in FF no matter what I do or how many times I reinstall/update software or components.

Does anyone know of a master list posted anywhere of all possible settings in various programs/plugins that could possibly be responsible for blocking java implementation?? I assume since nothing I have done to turn it back on seems to work that I have forgotten some obscure checkbox somewhere that is preventing video from playing in my browser now, and it is driving me freaking nuts that I can't figure out what the problem is. Help!

EDIT: I don't know if this could be related in any way, but I can no longer drag the little globe icon to the left of the URL in the address bar to create shortcuts any more either.

BTW I am running TeaTimer which has been known to block settings changes, and IE which I never use also will not play video either, which is why I am thinking it is a Java/Flash issue rather than a FF or FF add-on issue.

Windows SP Home SP3, AvastFree, Spybot, Comodo - all fully up to date (as is Java)

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that did not change anything. Anyone know of a site dealing with the Java security issue that might have such a listing of all the settings that are related to Java functioning?

Back