Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast - reviewed at gamesradar.com (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arris

From www.gamesradar.com :
I do know that for the vast majority of us Star Wars fans, JK II offers the most entertaining, accomplished adventure set in that faraway galaxy since the original Jedi Knight.

PC Gamer rating 92%

If a UK site has a copy and done a review the release date can't be all that "far, far away". Light saber jollies coming to a PC near you soon ;)

Originally posted by Arris
If a UK site has a copy and done a review the release date can't be all that "far, far away". Light saber jollies coming to a PC near you soon ;)

I can't wait to get my hands on it...

From the review I espescially like this:
Should you be of an age (or mental imbalance) that you fall into the slim camp that favours The Phantom Menace above the classic trilogy, there's bad news.

I just hope it'll run on my current rig...

Another site that I use in the UK is www.gamesstreet.co.uk and they have the UK launch date for Jedi Knight2 as 28 Mar 2002...
Ooooh I can't wait to swing my light saber and take out some storm troopers!

Sounds like something to look forward to after a rather dry FPS season. Just wish that those screenshots can be bigger!

Especially liked this part:

Indeed, no other current FPS offers the same breathtaking sense of scale as JK II.

Wonder if the levels are crazier than Serious Sam's.

Hmmm... too bad we stopped doing regular game reviews here at 3DS, otherwise we would have probably got JK II for review earlier than the official release :blackeye: ;)

Originally posted by 3DS Julio
Hmmm... too bad we stopped doing regular game reviews here at 3DS, otherwise we would have probably got JK II for review earlier than the official release :blackeye: ;)

Darn ;) Ah well, you win some you lose some :D

Here is my post in the Old Forum about this game when it was in the middle stages of it's development.

The link to www.jediknightii.net has some nice big screen shots if my memory serves me right ;)

screen050.jpg

Thanks for the big screen shot and the link! The texture detail in the game is really awesome. Hopefully the modified Q3TA engine won't hog that much proc power to run this game.

pretty graphics indeed... :)

just imagine what the next generation of FPS engine's (Unreal@ and DoomIII) will be like... not to mention their system requirements ;)

Originally posted by Ai Hate
not to mention their system requirements ;)

That's what nVidia is here for with their 6 months product cycle :D Heheh... I guess w/o new FPS being developed, there's not point buying newer and faster 3D cards :D

I am looking forward to multiplayer. Light saber dueling and weilding force powers should keep me entertained for hours.

Ravellidar said:
I am looking forward to multiplayer. Light saber dueling and weilding force powers should keep me entertained for hours.

now that it is out i got it it is sooooo boring cos u need rely good internet to play it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back