Jetway 663as "cpu fan not connetced" and cant get into bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old Jetway 663AS that i use to run StarCommand to drive a 1571 disk drive so i can write commodore 64 disks. The fan crapped out the otherday and after that a can no longer get it to boot. i have tried 4 different fans and tried them in both possitions on the mobo but nothing all i get is "cpu fan not connected" and then before i can get to the bios it shuts down.
Any help would be great as i dont wana have to junk this machine as i know it will be a ball ache getting another one going

thanks EnD

nop

have tried the fans in both header on the mobo. still it starts long beep then the screen kicks in " cpu fan not connected " then shuts down. The fan is running so i know the processor is ok but i juat cant get to the bios to set it to ignor the error.
I need some help. Anyone any ideas....

hey all i have tried all combinations of changing the wires and only the current setup gets the fan going. Is there totaly no way of shorting or bypassing this lock out as i know the Fan is working if i could just get it to stay on long enough to get to the bios im sure i could fix. At this stage the comp is junked so im willing to try anything....

any help at all

Still unable to get this to boot past the bios before it shuts down.
I will not try anything before i give up and drop this in the bin.
There must be someway to short out or bypass the fan detector in the hardware other that in the bios. If anyone know of any way please let me know.
Thanks EnD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back